Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

Is it difficult having 2 executors estate in California when

Customer Question

Is it difficult having 2 executors for an estate in California when one lives in California and the other lives in Oregon?
Thanks, Kathy
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
It is not ideal. Generally, the Executors want to be in the jurisdiction where probate is happening and where the estate actually is.
While it is possible to have an out of state Executor, it is not ideal.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.