Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My sister is authorizing me to have power of attorney over

Customer Question

My sister is authorizing me to have power of attorney over her financial matters. This way she does not need to sign paperwork and have it notarized (something that is more challenging with her than with me). What do you suggest is the most effective and
simplest POA that I should put in place and is there a template that you have or can point me to on the internet to put in place. I recognize that she will have to sign and notarize the POA to put it in place but then everything can be handled by me going
forward.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
For financial matters, she will want to sign a Durable General Power of Attorney. I can provide you a template of for this document that will suit your needs perfectly. I can do that for you through the Additional Services option offered by JustAnswer. It's an additional cost, but will be for more economical for you than engaging an attorney or purchasing a random form off the internet. If that would be helpful, let me know and I'll extend that offer and you can then decide whether or not to accept. Fair enough?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to let you know that I will be away at a meeting for the next hour or so. Should you follow up before I return, I will address it immediately upon my return. Thank you in advance for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is your fee for the template?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

$40

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm just following up to insure you received my response to your question. If not, let me know and I'll re-post it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you - i did receive but I am going to pass on your template since I found an interactive template online that gives me the different options and seems to meet my need.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No worries. I wish you the best! Have a nice evening!