Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

My mother in law, who is in poor health physically and

Customer Question

My mother in law, who is in poor health physically and mentally, has signed a new will, but one of her sons will not allow his siblings to see the will. She doesn't is not willing to confront the son, but says that the will divides everything equally among her four children. Is there any way to gain access to the will, which has not been recorded, without her cooperation?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Only one way that has any chance at all of success and that is only if she is incompetent or incapacitated. Someone can pursue a guardianship over her and then if that person is successful and gets a guardianship they would have the right and the ability to see all of her paperwork including her will.