RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

Is it better to have one or two estate executors? I have 4

Customer Question

Is it better to have one or two estate executors? I have 4 nieces and one sister, no children. My brother and parents are deceased. I have about a 2 million estate.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you on your matter.

While this is a matter of opinion, my professional opinion is that it is better to have one estate executor, and of course a person named as an alternate, so that in the event your first choice is unable or unwilling to serve, you have someone who can step in. When there are two (or more) executors in an estate, then they must agree on everything in order to act, and must also co-sign anything filed, which can slow things down, especially if executors are located in different areas/states and things have to be mailed back and forth. In other words, it can complicate things. It is far more simple to have one executor versus two or more.

If I may provide you more any information, please REPLY, and I'll be happy to assist you. Thank you.