Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mom passed away with a will and my brothers have cleaned

Customer Question

my mom passed away with a will and my brothers have cleaned out her house giving away things and took things before she passed in my home. I took care of all funeral arrangements and paid for them. They took everything even things that were to be mine and her grandsons. they told me I can not come to the home if I did they would have me arrested for trespassing. but how do I get what was willed to us?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.
You would need to begin the process to probate your mom's will. A Judge can order them to return the items that were specifically willed to you, but until the Judge is aware of the will, there's not much that can legally be done. You should speak with an attorney who is familiar with probate and potentially a contested probate situation.