Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My father died in aug.2012. I am the 2nd oldest of 14

Customer Question

My father died in aug.2012. I am the 2nd oldest of 14 siblings. My Father had a trust for his estate. I was the POA for healthcare and The administer of the trust until 2008 in which my sisters did some very abusive things to me but my father who had Alzheimers
disease in 2004 and as a medical professional he had a medical condtion. They had him take me off as POA and trustee which is ok but I had documentation of 17000.00 I had personally borrowed him in Jan. 2005 for his home. I requested that the debt be paid
by his trust and because in December of 2005 my husband and I lost our jobs and had to file bankruptcy, I did not include that debt and my sisters were going to report me to the bankruptcy court if I was going to as the courts to make a decision. I did not
do anything but I was told that the trustee my sister was told that in Dec. 2012 if she distributed the trust to my siblings and not me that I could personally sue her. She did distribute the trust to my other siblings in dec.2012 and I was not given my part
of the trust until Jan. 2013. I am requesting a legal opinion as to asking my sister to personally take responsibility for singling me out by asking her for 5000.00. This was not her trust it was our trust. I also believe that all of my fathers estate should
have been thrown out due to his medical diagnosis and because he had a sizable estate and I know what his original will and trust had in it and my siblings had him change it 4 or 5 yrs after his diagnosis of Alzheimers? I cannot change that now it has been
3 yrs now but I have been in treatment for the domestic abuse and am just asking if I can request her to take responsibility leagally. Thank you Rosalie Haas
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
I am sorry, but I am having trouble understanding your post. Could you review it, make corrections, put proper punctuation marks, and resubmit?