Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

Does being a Representative payee automatically make you a

Customer Question

does being a Representative payee automatically make you a power of attorney
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..does being a Representative payee automatically make you a power of attorney..No, being a representative payee is a limited power given to someone so that they can receive some type of payment each month on behalf of the actual payee for the money. Someone with a power of attorney could also be a representative payee, but a representative payee is not necessarily the power of attorney for someone for other financial matters. .In order for them to be the POA for other financial matters, the grantor would actually have to execute a formal Power of Attorney document granting the holder the power to handle any financial matters that the grantor could take care of themselves...thanksBarrister