Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
84496330

What does a community property agreement between husband and

Customer Question

What does a community property agreement between husband and wife consist of in Washington state?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Are you before marriage or after?1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your question is not clear. I will answer as best I can assume your meaning. My husband and I have been married 23 years. Our initial CP agreement was done after our marriage. We have 7 adult children between us. Jo ***** *****
I was in the process of editing as I misread the question. I lost my answer. Let me rewrite it.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. A community property agreement states that when the first spouse or partner dies 1) all property both people own converts to community property and 2) all of the deceased person’s property immediately goes to the surviving spouse. Washington law permits all community property passed through a CPA to be transferred to the surviving spouse without probate, so the agreement keeps all of the deceased person’s property out of probate.To use a CPA, you and your spouse or partner must agree to leave everything to each other, complete the document, and sign it in front of a notary public. When one spouse or partner dies, the survivor will become the owner of the deceased person’s property, without probate. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer , an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)
Just checking back in and I see you reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions? If not, please do not forget to positively rate my answer (There should be smiley faces or a 1-5 ranking on my answer. I would appreciate a good or excellent rating) as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
Any chance for a positive rating?