Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My father died 21 years ago at the time he and his defacto

Customer Question

My father died 21 years ago at the time he and his defacto partner owned a property . myself and my sister didn't pursue it at the time just because it would have made it more real so we just didn't do it and we left his partner living there which she still does to this day . Too the best of my knowledge his name may still be on the house but I'm not sure a lot of years gone by and she defiantly is the type of person to look after number one But she is now 70 yrs old and we don't no if we're still entitled to his share but we got nothing and she got the lot even his ashes . We are still amicable but rarely see her , so Basically we want to know if we are going to get his share of the estate . There was no will , and she took care of all the paperwork so I'm sure she has worked it out for her best interest cause they used to argue over those things and he would be turning in his
grave to think we never got everything he had worked so hard for . Have we got a leg to stand on or has too much time passed.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
is there a reason for the long delay in looking into it? was partner's name on title?