Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

In Louisiana your spouse dies with a will and he leaves the

Customer Question

In Louisiana your spouse dies with a will and he leaves the house to the surviving wife until her death and then the sun receives it and leaves all of his worldly possessions to surviving wife what can the surviving wife do with the home while she's living?
can she sell it if she needs to get to a smaller one and what happens to the remainder of the will that goes to his son what is her position on the house the house was his before they got married they moved into it live or 12-15 years and then he passed away
?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.Sorry....I want to make sure I understand...the wife has a life estate and the son has the reminder, is that correct?And the son wants to give his remainder to the mom?