Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

We are in California - My aunt died a year ago leaving a will

Customer Question

We are in California - My aunt died a year ago leaving a will for her two siblings. My mother is the executor of her will, and wills my mother and Aunt 50% each of the estate. My Aunt (who lives in Germany) died last week. - Does my mother now receive the estate? My cousins believe they get the inheritance - their mothers 50%. they have yet to receive any benefits. Who gets the estate?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
A person who survives the decedent receives their share of the decedent's estate. Since your aunt in Germany survived her sister (your aunt who passed away), your cousins in Germany will receive her share of the estate. I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. Bonuses are appreciated too. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
HELLO AGAIN. I hope that my Answer has been helpful. If you need more information, please send me a Reply. If not, I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.