Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

The tax assessor will not tell me which properties were left

Customer Question

The tax assessor will not tell me which properties were left to me in my parents trust and I don't believe what's in the trust that my sisters have what are my options oh I also found out that my sisters attorney filed a preliminary change of ownership with a grant deed stamped on it that girls from my mother to my mother
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Barrister and I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..Do you know the name of parent's trust?.Do you have a copy of the trust?.Do you know the addresses of the properties that parent's owned?..thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes to everything sorry about the grammar sometimes I'm using dictation also the opposing attorney blocked transfer of property by filing a preliminary change of ownership with a grant deed from my mother to my mother attached to it
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
No worries, I understand you just fine.. If you know what the addresses of the properties are, you can just contact the local land record office, normally the county clerk, and see if those addresses are listed as owned by the trust. If they are, then they are controlled by the trust terms and the trustee would have to distribute them according to the directives in the trust..If they are in parent's names individually, then they would be governed by any will and would go through probate to descend to the beneficiaries of any will or to the heirs at law if there was no will..But the trustee would have a legal duty to provide you with an "inventory" of trust assets upon request if you are a named beneficiary of the trust..As for the deed from mother to mother, I don't have enough information to guess what that was about unless it was to transfer the property either into or out of the trust...thanksBarrister