Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

My Mom recently passed away. Her Will was created in Louisiana.

Customer Question

My Mom recently passed away. Her Will was created in Louisiana. She had a signed contract on the sale of a business/home in Louisiana at the time of her death. The business/home is a warehouse where they held their business. The business portion was already sold, so they are selling the actual building where they have renters and their actual home inside the warehouse.
My Mom held a license was from Louisiana, but my Dad's license is from Mississippi. At the time of her death, she had established homestead exemption on her new house in Mississippi. My Dad and Mom were still married at the time of her death.
My Mom left everything to my Dad. Is the Louisiana Will valid and what state is the probate issued.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
The will is valid. There are no facts invalidate the will. The will can be probated in the state where your mother passed or a state where a majority of the assets or located in or a state where the will was signed assuming the will dos not require the will be probated in a specific state.I hope that helped. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you n advance for your cooperation. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a reasonable fee to pay for a Judgement of Possession or Letters of Independent Administration?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is a reasonable fee to pay for a Succession?
It appears that both events would take 2-3 hours of time to complete so $500 for each request seems reasonable.I hope that helped. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you n advance for your cooperation. Thank you.
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.