Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mother lived in Lebanon, but I am an American citizen and

Customer Question

My mother lived in Lebanon, but I am an American citizen and have been living in America for years. My mother passed away last week.
There were four deeds on her home. One deed was in her name, one in my name, one in my youngest's brother's name, and one in my oldest brother's name.
I do not want any of the inheritance and want my portion and the amount I would inherit from my mother to be equally divided between my two brothers. I do not want to have any portion of the property. What should I do to make this happen?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am very sorry for your loss.
Was the property in question in Lebanon?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.