Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

My husband's brother died unexpectedly and my husband is the

Customer Question

My husband's brother died unexpectedly and my husband is the only remaining member of his immediate family. We just found out that the deceased did have life insurance policy large enough to pay for his funeral. Problem: Funeral home was told he has insurance and enough to cover the funeral but he did not designate his beneficiary. My husband is all.DO we have to pay cash for the funeral even though my is available? Cant they wait for it to be paid when its made available rather than us making a claim for reimbursement against his estate?
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"even though my is available" should be "even though they know money is available"
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
Yes they can but it will be up to the funeral home's policy to wait for payment as they are not required by law to do so. Perhaps shop around for funeral homes to determine a funeral home that would be willing to wait for payment.I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.