Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

My mother passed 11/2012, in January of 2012 one of her relatives

Customer Question

My mother passed 11/2012, in January of 2012 one of her relatives died in Germany leaving an estate worth 1.2m Euro's. My mother left her entire estate to my Nephew, Her Grandson. My question is regarding his legal right to continue to benefit from her estate after her death. He was listed as the only Representative of her estate,
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
If the nephew was the sole beneficiary of her estate, then he would inherit not only her estate, but also anything that she inherited from the relative in Germany once the probate case in Germany was settled.
.
The German estate would pass to mother's estate which would then in turn descend to the heirs of mother's estate (i.e. the nephew).
.
.
thanks