Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My son died on March 23, 2015 and we found some social

Customer Question

My son died on March 23, 2015 and we found some social security checks that were not cashed. We call the money management service, Action Payee services, and I was told to return the checks because I did not have access to his account at US National Bank.
The payee representative Elizabeth, told me that the unspent money could be used to pay for his memorial service at the First Unitarian Church, 1034 SW 13th Ave., Portland OR, 97205. Zaida Cooper, the church accountant had not received any of the funds. He
was disabled with schizophrenia, and received SSD disability money in the mail. His name: Daniel William Momyer, SS####-##-####
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
are you asking if the checks needs to be returned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I returned the checks to Action Payee, because I could not cash them. I want the funds sent to the First Unitarian Church to cover the expenses for his memorial service.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
They would typically be reissued as survivor benefits, and then can be transferred to the charity or other creditor as needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not call me. I will resolve the issue on my own. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
You welcome. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my subscription, and thank you for your answer.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome. Will do. I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.