Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
84496330

How do I transfer property from deceased sibling's estate to

Customer Question

How do I transfer property from deceased sibling's estate to his daughter. i am the trustee
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship. In those cases where the trust holds real property, a number of steps must be followed to vest title in the successor trustee so that the property can be managed, sold, or distributed as part of the trust administration.An Affidavit of Death of Trustee and Consent of Successor Trustee should be recorded against each real property held in the Living Trust. This Affidavit is recorded with a certified copy of the death certificate. When it is recorded, it changes the title of the property from the trustee (usually the settlor) who has died and into the names of the new trustee(s).Along with this Affidavit, a Preliminary Change of Ownership Form must be completed and recorded at the same time. This form informs the county recorder why the Affidavit is being recorded.If the Living Trust will transfer the ownership of the real property from parents to children or in any other manner exempt from property tax reassessment, then the appropriate exemption form must be filled out and mailed to the county assessor’s office. A grandparent/grandchild exclusion is also available for the portion of the property passing to a grandchild if their parents are deceased.Your attorney will prepare these documents for you to sign. See link for further information regarding the duties of a trustee:http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVvkBVaVVuEIACTEnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEzZWJidTA2BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDRkZHRTAxXzEEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1436927361/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fdavidtate.us%2ffiles%2fA_Summary_of_California_Trustee_Responsibilities_Beneficiary_Rights_and_Elder_Law_Dave_Tate_Esq2._8.22.08_.pdf/RK=0/RS=_Fyn71WIlSXsspxRTv_ndzTwvGA- Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any additional guidance. Please do not forget to positively rate my answer (There should be smiley faces or a 1-5 ranking on my answer. I would appreciate a good or excellent rating) as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
I see you have reviewed my answer, please let me know if I can do anything further. Please positively rate (There should be smiley faces or a 1-5 ranking on my answer. I would appreciate a good or excellent rating) my answer if you are satisfied as it is the only way I am compensated for my work.
Any chance for a positive rating?