Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My of 25 years passed away June 9 , there are 6 adult

Customer Question

My of 25 years passed away June 9 , there are 6 adult children, he passes without a will, the oldest was asked to be trustee and all age said she wanted was her dads truck and did not want to be involved . The 4 adult child steped up to beguin this process.
The assists are less than 100.000 and we had all decided to get together and gift each adult child something they could remember there DAD from,this was July 4 weekend we all had plans, I the companion have been living in the house paying bills and work I
make 50,000 a year , I can back to check on property on Monday july 6 property was all in place . I became ill from nerves from all this , but did go back on the 10 . I couldn't believe my eyes all my flowers I had just planted were gone the pillows on my
swing was gone I went to the door and from the inside of the house there were no trespassing signs put up sheets over the windows and the locks had been changed. I called the police showed them my id that this was my place of residence
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
So you were not married to the deceased? Whose house was it? Was it deeded in both of your names or just his name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only his name but he had left 6 vehechials sighned over to me
B
Thank you for your reply.
Did you file the titles signing them over to you before his death?