Christopher B, Esq
Christopher B, Esq, Attorney
Experience:  Litigation Attorney with education focus on estate planning and tax
84496330

Mother passed, we lived together. Mortgage company wants a

Customer Question

Mother passed, we lived together. Mortgage company wants a court document. She left a will naming me as her rep. What kind of cour document do I supply the mortgage company
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.
You first need to file a petition to probate your mother's estate in the local county court where the property is located, if the deceased owner did not have the property in a trust or titled as a joint tenancy. Once the court makes a final order that states the change in the real estate deed from your mother's name to your name if you are the appropriate beneficiary. A certified copy of this order is recorded in the local county public real estate records. You could then provide this order and the death certificate to the mortgage company.
Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any additional guidance. Please do not forget to positively rate my answer as this is the only way that I am compensated for my work.
Just checking back in. Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated.
Any chance for a positive rating?