Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

In Kentucky can you decline executors fees? ie.. if a family

Customer Question

In Kentucky can you decline executors fees? ie.. if a family member is the executor
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Are you asking if the executor can waive their right to be paid or are you asking if the heirs can object to paying the fees?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if your aunt is the executor of your moms will in the state of Kentucky, does she have to take executor fees or can she decline to take the fees?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
An executor can always decline to charge a fee. They can do so by just not filing a request for the fees or some courts will require them to file a formal Waiver of Right to Claim Executor Fees.