Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My cousin has the authority in the trust document to change

Customer Question

My cousin has the authority in the trust document to change trustees. Cousin has short time to appoint new trustee. Will old trustee have to provide full accounting upon removal as trustee?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Yes. The new Trustee must be provided up to date and accurate information for the transition to go smoothly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What happens if Cousin removes current trustee and does not appoint new trustee?
Response: There must be a replacement Trustee. Your cousin as a beneficiary of the Trust cannot remove the current Trustee without a successor Trustee.
Kindly give a positive rating to my answers so that I can receive credit for answering your questions. That's the only way that I get paid here for answering questions.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The trust states cousin can remove current trustee, and has time to find new trustee.
My previous respond still stands.