Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mother died. she had a house in Colorado which she left

Customer Question

my mother died. she had a house in Colorado which she left to my brother and myself. my brother rented the house for a number of years now. after taxes and expenses am I entitled to my half of the profits. My brother , the executor, feels like he may keep the monies as long as he wants to. Is this correct? Many thanks K.Wise
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify if:
1) the probate is still ongoing, or not?
2) if it is still ongoing, has he ADDED you as a formal owner to the property, or not?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.