Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

I had to sue my in laws to get money owed to my children for

Customer Question

I had to sue my in laws to get money owed to my children for my dead husband after his mother passed. They both got money and was put in a guardenship acct thru courts in oh. Both children are 18 now. Both r Not resposibile can I put in an acct until older ?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Before I answer bit more detail would helpful please.

Did the court order establishing the guardianship acct address the distribution?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure, I would have to go back to paper work, iam asking for a friend ,

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Tell your friend that if the order does not provide for any delay or further oversight on the account then it has to be made accessible.

However, your friend can petition the court to see if they would allow the order to be modified.

Your friend can also have a serious discussion with the children about releasing some of the money now to use as they want and allowing a trust to be set up with the rest to help manage it.

Best regards.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?