RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

I have been threatened to be moved to a nursing home. Do I

Customer Question

I have been threatened to be moved to a nursing home. Do I have any rights in the matter. I am 81 years old and have been diagnosed with Dementia.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
You have a say here in where you go.You cannot be forced into a nursing home.There may well be alternatives for you, supervised living or something more agreeable and workable to you.
You have right here to talk to Ombudsman they represent seniors and can help you resolve this so that ether you remain at home or go to somewhere like an apartment or supervised living, somewhere you feel comfortable with.
They cannot force you to go somewhere you are not comfortable with and your thoughts and concerns should be heard.You also have the right to relocate here if you choose.
Call here and tell them your situation and they will help you resolve this matter.
Leigh A. Davis
State Long-Term Care Ombudsman
please call toll free 1-***-***-****
or email***@******.***
You have rights here they cannot force you to go somewhere you do not want to go.I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please don't give up here, you have rights in all of this.Thanks again.
If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.