Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I need to get a piece of property out of a corporation name

Customer Question

I need to get a piece of property out of a corporation name into my name. My husband was President of the corporation and died with no will.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.Did your husband have any children from another relationship (that is, children that are not your biological children as well)?And I assume that the stock of the corporation did not designate you as the beneficiary, correct?Were there any other stockholders in this corporation, or was it just your husband?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other children. No I was PD on this corporation. A beneficiary was named. Just him as far as I know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry beneficiary was not named.
Can you tell me if there were any other assets in this corporation? Did he have any other assets in his name (either solely in his name or with you as a co-owner)?
I wish I could contact you with a phone call, but that's considered legal advice and counsel at that point, rather than answering a legal question, and as such is prohibited by the terms of service of this site. That option is there because there are many different categories on this site, but only one (legal) has such a restriction on forming an attorney-client relationship. But we can continue the question here.
Again, my question was "Can you tell me if there were any other assets in this corporation? Did he have any other assets in his name (either solely in his name or with you as a co-owner)?"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a heliport hanger
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Again, I can't call you per the terms of service of this site (I can't enter into an attorney/client relationship with you and a phone call would be such). What would be the approximate value of the real estate and any other property in the corporation and other property that your husband owned?