Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

I live in CAlifornia. I am planning to close my bank account

Customer Question

Hi
I live in CAlifornia. I am planning to close my bank account in Washington state and have my trusted friend to close the safe deposit box for me. I would like to get a power-of-attorney for my friend so that she can gain access to my safe deposit box in my bank in WA and close it.
Please advise how to properly get a power of attorney for her.
Thank you so much
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
A general power of attorney would suffice. Here is a link to a template tat you could copy and paste:http://www.tidyform.com/download/washington-general-durable-power-of-attorney-form.htmlIf you intend t only have the power of attorney effective for purposes accessing you lock box, I would also revoke the power of attorney immediately after the lox box has been accessed and close. I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time.
Please rate my answer. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.