Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

If my dad has a revocable trust and he creates a Irrevocable

Customer Question

If my dad has a revocable trust and he creates a Irrevocable Trust, does that make the prior revocable trust and all its contents and agreements void? He is 80 and his live in has had him put a Life Estate agreement in the revocable trust. We, his children are sure he will sooner rather than later have to sell the home to provide full time care for himself as he has been diagnosed as having early stages of senile dementia.
Can he stop her from using the Life Estate agreement she had him put in the revocable trust, by creating a new irrevocable trust and omitting the Life Estate? Can't seem to find a record of a Life Estate Deed being recorded in Brevard County records.
Your help in answering our question would be appreciated.
Thanks
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid $36.00 for an answer, one time only. I knew nothing of a trial period. I was told I would have my answer soon. Hello is not the answer I was expecting.