RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

The paragraph, pertaining to my children of their deceased

Customer Question

The paragraph, pertaining to my children of their deceased grandfather, reads as follows:
Specific Bequest Item 3 "I give and devise to my grandchildren, in equal shares, any limited partnership interests I may own at the time of my death, provided they survive me. Furthermore, I direct that my Executor sell at fair market value any interests I have in any business to my son, HAYNES HOLDING. "
WHAT DOES IT MEAN? JUST LLP'S ? TO HIS GRANDCHILDREN? OR SINCE IT IS THE TOPIC SENTANCE AND THERE IS NO NEW PARAGRAPH DOES THE BUSINESS PORTION GET INCLUDED?
HARRY AND HAYNES WERE IN BUSINESS TOGETHER. HE HAD TOLD ME HE WAS GOING TO GO INTO BUSINESS WITH HAYNES , AFTER RETIREMENT, IN ORDER TO LEAVE THE GRANDCHILDREN WITH AN INHERITANCE, BECAUSE HE DID NOT TRUST HIS SON TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. I JUST FINISHED A CONTEMPT ACTION WHICH HE WAS OVER 10 YEARS BEHIND IN CHILD SUPPORT. I HAVE NO REASON TO BELIEVE HE WOULD DO AS HARRY HAD WISHED. ATTORNEY GARCIA , WHOM PROBATED THE WILL, ADMITTED TO IT BEING PROBATED INCORRECTLY.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Any LLP interests pass to the grandkids equally, the business interests pass to the son.
If the lawyer or executor has not followed the terms of the will then you can sue them here for the breach of fiduciary duties.You may consider your own lawyer to do that and seek lawyer fees and costs as well.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.If you already have a lawyer you may want to use him to sue here.
Thanks again.