Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mother died back on Oct 21, 2014 in Virginia. My niece had

Customer Question

My mother died back on Oct 21, 2014 in Virginia. My niece had POA over all of her matters including money. The will leaves two thirds of the estate to me her only living child. The day of the funeral, the niece gave me $105,000.00 and said that is what mother left me. There is and has been for years hatred from the two sister, Amy and Suzanne, toward me. Amy is the POA and never asked or told me anything about it. I have request to see the full accounting of mother's estate and who got what of the money. The girls were to get the other one third. They refuse to give me any information or accounting about the final settlement. How do I go about finding this out? What are my rights? What should I do at this point?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Have you filed for probate here, were you named executor here??