Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
68302747

If you inheritance is split three ways can one person have

Customer Question

If you inheritance is split three ways can one person have his portion left to a corporation to avoid paying back Medicaid bills
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! My name is***** am a licensed attorney. I have assisted hundreds of others with their legal questions. I am happy to help you!
I person can renounce the shares of on inheritance but it would go to the other heirs. If the heir assigns the moneys to a corporation, then it could effect Medicaid reimbursement because the money would have been in the hands of the heir to facilitate the assignment.
The way to handle this is to make a motion to the court to set up a supplemental needs trust to put the heir's inheritance into a trust so to avoid Medicaid penalties.