Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

What do i do if my gramma died 8 months ago and her conservator

Customer Question

what do i do if my gramma died 8 months ago and her conservator will not release her money for my inheritance? he says just wait a few more years.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
A conservator's duties end when the "ward" (the incapacitated person) dies. So if grandmother had a conservator, their power would have ended when she passed.
.
If you were the personal representative of her estate, then it would have been part of your duties to pay any debts of the estate and then disburse any surplus assets to her heirs.
.
So if the conservator is refusing to return any money to the estate, you can file a motion to compel in the probate court that is handling the estate and have a judge order the conservator to return the money to the estate for distribution.
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I can't engage in a one on one phone call as that could imply an attorney-client relationship which I am prohibited from entering into under my independent contractor agreement with JustAnswer.
.
I can only interact with customers through the JustAnswer website, but am happy to answer any questions you have on their site.
.
.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you never gave me an answer. i paid the $5 and signed up for a FREE 1 week trial and you charged my card $49. My banks fraud protection unit just called me, said you are known for fraud and is going to cancel my card. WTH?!
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry if you weren't able to see my answer 3 posts above your last post. I will copy and paste it again..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
thanks