ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

My mother left her home upon her death to three siblings. Two

Customer Question

My mother left her home upon her death to three siblings. Two of us wish to gift the home to one sibling. We have been told that the wife of the intended sibling would have to be on the title of the home. (they are estranged) Is this the law in Kansas?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. No. She would need to sign if there was a security instrument being signed (such as a mortgage), but if you're giving it to him, neither she nor he need sign. Property is transferred when you sign the valid deed, notarized, and "deliver" the deed to him. He doesn't need sign it nor does she. The law does require her to sign if it's being financed. That doesn't apply when it's a gift. Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!