Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

If my husband knew and spent my inheritance ...130.000 and

Customer Question

If my husband knew and spent my inheritance ...130.000 and did not even tell me that I was getting it because I was sick but, he spent it on strippers, prostitutes , himself and his truck and whatever he wanted, what redress do I have. He is now living with a stripper and taking care of her but we are not legally separated here in NC. and he now has filed debt reduction but he makes 11,000 a month ... Plenty of money but he is taking care of her !..What redress do I have for my inheritance .
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there -
-
Can I ask you a few questions ?
-
1. When did you get the inheritance ? Did you have to sign any paperwork regarding the inheritance at the time you received it?
-
2. How long have you been separated from him?
-
3. Was he spending this money while you were separated from him? Was most of it spent during the separation period ?
-
4. How long have you been married ?
-
5. Is he still active Military ?
-
6. Any children of the marriage ? If so, how old are they ?
-
7. When was the last time you worked and what did you do for a living (this goes to the question of hitting him for alimony in a separation or divorce which he CANNOT get out of in bankruptcy)?
-
-
Once you answer these questions I can give you some suggestions regarding the best way I think that you have to approach these matters. Please bear with me for about 20-30 minutes after you post your answer because of the time to research a few things and type the answer (I type slowly :).
-
-
MARY