ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

How long is appropriate to start inquiring about a trust fund

Customer Question

How long is appropriate to start inquiring about a trust fund after the funeral of the trustee? how do I go about asking the trust lawyer about it while not looking greedy?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. There's no specific period of time. That is, there's no law that says that you can't contact the attorney about appointment of a successor trustee after a certain period of time, etc... Now if you're concerned, I would wait 30 days (unless there are some pressing needs that need to be paid off). But 30 days is a reasonable period of time when there are no other issues. Now if the successor trustee named in the trust was close to the trustee, I would give it a bit more time (if you could, ~60 days or so). Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?
Hello?
Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!