Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My fiance passed away i had put $13,000 in his checking account

Customer Question

My fiance passed away i had put $13,000 in his checking account my father left in a life insurance how can i retrieve my money i was going to buy a mobile home for me and my son now i'm in a house that ls three months late on his mortgage all the bills are late and i don't have any money to move what do i need to have to get my money out of the bank they know it is mine. His son will not help me. Please help ***** *****
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I take it your name was not on his account as joint tenant? Do you have proof from the insurance company that the $13,000 was received from your father's insurance policy?