Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I am a veteran. My only monthly income is a small VA Pension.

Customer Question

I am a veteran. My only monthly income is a small VA Pension. My mother died about 2 years ago and had alzheimers for many years. My sister took advantage of this and forged my mom's will stealing the entire estate for herself which was worth about $450,000.00. My brother and I were adopted at birth and my sister never notified me that she had filed the will with the court for probate as she is legally required to do. She also knew that I had limited financial resources and would have difficulty fighting her in court to have the fact that she forged the will overturned. Unfortunately the will is only signed on the last page which is my mother's signature, but the initials on the will are not those of my mother. In fact I witnessed my sister tampering with the will as I saw her having my cousin Margaret Wade sign my mother's initals on a legal document. At the time I did not realize it was my mom's will but after getting a copy of the will recalled this event. I do not understand why each page of the will is not signed. My mother always initaled her intials using all 3 of here initials SJS but on the will the forged initials put by my cousin were SS only and the handwriting is obviously not that of my mother. My mother almost never went to a doctor and I am sure she was not even in her full mind when the will was drawn up. As I stated my sister took advantage of my mother's naivity to steal the estate solely for herself and defraud my brother and I out of out legal inheritence which in my case was $150,000.00. How do I obtain copies from a bank to show the initials on the will were not those of my mother so that I can prove that my sister forged the will to steal the estate for herself?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is Philip. I am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.
I'm sorry for this dilemma but not sure I understand your question; is your plan to file a motion with the court to reopen probate? If not what is it you're attempting to accomplish?