RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

How do I find my daddys will and testament after death in dallas

Customer Question

how do I find my daddys will and testament after death in dallas texas
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
Any will filed for probate is filed in the County Clerk of Dallas County , Texas.
Records Building -***** 2nd Floor, Suite 200, Dallas, Texas 75202
Phone:(###) ###-####• Fax:(###) ###-####
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday (except for Court Approved Holidays).
You may also want to try the deed records.It is possible although rare to record a deed prior to probate.A certified copy can then be probated later on.As a title company lawyer I encouraged people to do this so that their heirs could find the will and it does not get lost or destroyed.
Texas has a four year limit to probate wills.If it has been longer than that you have the option to file for court appointed probate if there as assets here and you may be a will.
In that case here are the laws of intestacy( no will).You would make application for intestate probate if there is no will on file.
http://www.northtexasfamilyattorney.com/txdescent.pdf
I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Here is more on intestate probate where no will is located and probate is needed.My sympathy for the loss of your father..
http://www.fordbergner.com/7-The-Texas-Probate-Process-An-Overview
JA will email you our chat and these references when you positive rate.I wish you the best.