Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

My brother recieved aletter back in oct 2014, from spain from

Customer Question

my brother recieved aletter back in oct 2014, from spain from a lawyer stating that he had a client by the name of egner george bow. the letter had my brothers wife name on it.......LUCY BOW it stated that edgner george bow had passed.his wife and daughter was killed in a car accident two year's before. and that mr bow had safety deposit box that the court ordered to be given to [next to kin]the lawyer stated that he got her namefrom usa post public records to send this letter to her the our ancester are from spain wanting make sure this letter is real or what thank's
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
This is very likely a scam. See here, and scroll down to "Long-Lost Inheritance – Windfall from a Deceased Relative."
If she has never heard of these relatives, then it is very unlikely that this is authentic. In addition, USPS (United States Postal Service) does not publicize addresses of Americans. So they way he got the name also sounds questionable!
Sorry, this is likely a scam.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.