Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My Father is being placed into hospice care in my home, he has been li

Customer Question

My Father is being placed into hospice care in my home, he has been living with me for the past 9 or 10 years. My mother passed away in 2003 without a will or trust and my sister their 2nd daughter,took everything that my mom and dad owned, even though our dad was still alive. My sister talked our into signing a power of attorney several years ago when he went in for a surgery and refused to relinquish it. In 2007 or 2008 I got the Ombudsman to remove her as power of attorney because of abuse on her part She took $82,000.00. My sister, his 2nd daughter took all of their personal belongings and the vehicle and refuses to give him any of it. She also ran up a $2,000.00 debt on his account at Wells Fargo, which she failed and still refuses to pay in full, my father did not incur any part of that debt. My sister kept all of their money property, refusing even my living father access, he wants what is rightfully his before he passes away.How can he get what is and always has been his
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
.
Is there some reason father didn't take any civil action to sue her once he found out she had taken all their property?
.
How about filing criminal charges? Any reason why he didn't file a theft charge?
.
.
thanks
Barister