RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

I ask my brother copy of the accounting and he sent me

Customer Question

I ask my brother for a copy of the accounting and he sent me a hand writen ledger? on binder paper. Is'nt a lawyer the one that writes it up
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
You are correct that you want the one thats typed signed and filed with the court.This is the one of record it gives you a chance to object if you find something out of kilter.
You are entitled to a copy of the one that has been filed with the court.This is public record if you have to you can order it from the court clerk.You want to do this asap in order to see if you want to object to anything if it is left out or disappeared.
You have a right to this as an heir and to object if you find out there are problems.You can do t his by a letter to the judge.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if he did not file with the court what can i do, my beother will not call me
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
You can write the judge and seek to remove him.This is a breach of his fiduciary duties and he is subject to removal by the judge if you complain here.
By writing the judge you can ask for a hearing where you can testify about his failure to communicate and this breach of fiduciary duties.You have rights here to do so and seek some answers and court orders in all of this.
Thanks again.