Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

What form should i ask for ? keep in mind that brother's

Customer Question

what form should i ask for ? keep in mind that brother's name is ***** ***** the deed.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
This looks as though this may be a follow up question. I am happy to assist you if you can tell what you are going to be doing with the form?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SINCE THERE IS NO WILL FROM DECEASED FATHER , I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT HIS DAUGHTERS GET HIS SHARE OF THE HOUSE THEY HAVE BEEN LIVING IN SINCE IT WAS PURCHASED.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
I worked with you on another question. Forgive me I am not up to date on the specifics of what is happening with your father’s estate.
When there is no will, in New York, the Real Estate needs to be transferred out of the name of the deceased person by the Administrator the estate. The transfer is made pursuant to the New York laws of intestate succession.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/intestate-succession-new-york.html
Has a certified copy of the death certificate been filed with the administration petition in the Surrogate’s Court in the county where the decedent was domiciled at the time of their death? https://www.nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/surrogates/faqs.shtml#q4b
Can you tell me where you are in the process?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the very beginning. I wanted to know what to do before going forward. also, I was told that because both my parents are deceased the other person who is also on the deed will get everything. ( my mother's son.)
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify the son was named as a title owner with both parents on the deed Is that correct? Do you know if they held title as joint tenants with rights of survivorship? Do you have a copy of the deed?