Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I need to start doing a living will/wills husband and

Customer Question

I need to start doing a living will/wills for my husband and I, I have 401ks,stocks,life 82nd.my husband is beneficiary to all but if something happens to him is it better to do a living will or an actual will to dispurse assets to my relatives?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm an Estate Law attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
A "Living Will" is a totally different document than a "Last Will & Testament".
A Living Will is also referred to as an advanced healthcare directive. This document provides your end of life decisions in the event that you become incapacitated - for example, the document would direct your medical providers to either place you on life support or not, to hydrate you or not, to provide food to you or not, etc.
A Last Will & Testament is the document for naming beneficiaries and directing how your property and assets are to be distributed to your heirs and loved ones.
Most people really want both of these documents to take care of their physical needs and their property distribution.