How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 40136
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband recently passed away. How do I go about getting

Customer Question

My husband recently passed away. How do I go about getting our property and autos in my name only. I would like to sell the 5th wheel and boat, but the title is in both of our names
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Here you will need a local probate lawyer to make application for probate and be appointed the personal representative and receive letters of administration/testamentary from the court.These allow you to switch the titles as part of probate, pay any claims, taxes, etc.
You would have to file ancillary probate here in Texas.You will need a second lawyer where the Texas property is located to file ancillary probate.Ancillary is a much simpler probate again appointing you personal representative and allows you to transfer the property into your name.
Expect both probates to take roughly a year here from start to finish.You file first there in Idaho if you are a resident there and then ancillary probate in Texas where the property is located.
Idaho probate lawyers here with ratings.
Texas probate lawyers for ancillary probate.You have to plug in the city where you need help..
Reference to Idaho probate ..
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.I am so sorry for your loss of loved one.
Have a great Memorial Weekend.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.
Here is information about Ancillary probate you do this in Texas after regular probate in Idaho has been opened.
Thanks again , please just ask if you have more questions.I know this can all be kind of overwhelming.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 2 years ago.