Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

I have a home in Raeine co. Wisconsin. That my son is liveing

Customer Question

I have a home in Raeine co. Wisconsin. That my son is liveing in . I owe money on the house but if I should pass away be I pay the house off . My question is would it be wise to put the house in trust for my son
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.
If your goal is to avoid probate, a trust could be a viable alternative. It will not, however, shield the property from creditor claims.
Also, be aware, you will need the consent of the mortgage lender to change the title to a trust.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.