RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

My mom passed away 01/28/2015 and there was not a will made

Customer Question

My mom passed away 01/28/2015 and there was not a will made and my mom owns her home land and vehicle...my sister is trying to exclude me from everything and told me I wasn't getting anything.....if she put my moms items in her (sister) name after she passed I know that is illegal and I want to press every thing that can be taken all legal action needs to be taken at this time thanks Jayme kuhn
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
You are going to need a local lawyer to file for probate and sue the sister if she has wrongfully taken assets.The court would appoint oyu administrator/personal representative.
Once this is done you have authority to check on what she still has titled in her name and if the sister has transferred title you may involve the police as well as this is theft to do so.
You very much have rights here to open probate , recover assets.and the judge address this all with your sister.
You can locate a lawyer here.
http://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_
I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Be happy to answer any follow up you might have, thanks.
If you can leave a positive rating JA will email you our chat with these references as well.