Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

If two businesses share a water well, build to share, and the

Customer Question

if two businesses share a water well, build to share, and the owner of said businesses sold each businesses to two different people ten/fifteen years apart and before the newer owner of the second business got ownership of his business the original owner and the new owner of the first business had an agreement that the water could be shared/paid for monthly . when the second business sold the well went with the business and a verbal agreement was made to keep the water agreement shared/paid monthly. well the second new owner's business uses a lot of water to rent trailers has to be tested every month a lot of work . it would be easier to just get city water. both the business are out of city limits in a country area . the city don't want to paid to have the business hooked up to the water .the city will run the pipes to hook up the business if the business paid for it .cost is 46000.00 way too much so the new owner of second business (second business) tells the new owner of first business (first business ) he cutting off his water supply AND THAT HE COULD PAY TO HOOK UP TO THE CITY or get a water well of his own . the first business has no where to put a water well witch leaves the city as it only option. the first business has ask the second business to spilt the cost for city water. the second business has dodge that question by saying he cant build up his park until he has the water supply the first business is using . so my question is does the first business have any rights to the original water well legally ? if not could there be a way to force the second business owner to help pay for the city water since he the one that wants it ?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome! My name is***** am a licensed attorney. I have assisted hundreds of others with their legal questions. I am happy to help you!
Does the first business still own part of the water well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the first business doesn't own the well .
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. do you still need an answer?