Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

I need advice about how I can protect myself & my interests

Customer Question

I need advice about how I can protect myself & my interests in the event my husband predeceases(uncomfortable family). Also if I decide to leave before that
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.
An estate plan setting forth the distribution of the assets would suffice. A will and living trust would be the governing documents. In case you were to leave the marriage, the court will allocate the property based upon a theory of community property (splitting the assets down the middle that were earned during the marriage) or equitable distribution based upon what is fair to both parties.
I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. Thank you.
Please rate my answer. Otherwise I will receive no credit for my time and efforts. Thank you for your cooperation.
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.