Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 yrs of professional experience.
16823287

I have my deceased father's policy number for

Customer Question

I have my deceased father's policy number for life insurance. I'm a beneficiary. Policy number xxxxxxxxx PR
Insured. xxxxxxxxxx
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Can you please give us more background information so we can better assist you?
What State are you located in and asking about?
Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louisiana. I'm asking about my deceased father's metlife life insurance policy#972800085. PR. IT'S PART OF THE ESTATE SALES. I'M HIS DAUGHTER LIBBIE ***** *****. PAYMENT OF THIS POLICY WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SPLIT UP BETWEEN MYSELF, MY SON JOSHUA J. LEFORT, AND NORA LEE DUFRENE PEYREGNE. SS####-##-#### ***** WOULD LIKE A COPY OF PAPERS FOR THE POLICY. THIS WAS DONE NOVEMBER 25, 2004. THANK YOU. MY PHONE NUMBER IS(###) ###-#### ***** CALL ME. GOD BLESS
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.
Libbie:
As a beneficiary you can make a claim. To begin the claims process:
1. Get several copies of the death certificate.
2. Call your insurance agent. He can help you fill out the necessary forms and act as an intermediary with the insurance company. If you don’t have an insurance agent, or don’t know who the agent was, contact the company directly:
https://www.metlife.com/individual/insurance/life-insurance/service-claims.html
You can go to the link above and file a claim online now too.
3. Usually you have to submit a certified copy of the death certificate from the funeral director with the claim form.
4. Once the claim is submitted, a settlement will be issued to you and any other beneficiaries.
5. If you want a copy of the policy papers, just let Metlife know and they should give you a copy once they verify that you are a beneficiary.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!