Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

Trying to locate a trust in my deceased aunt's name. Where

Customer Question

Trying to locate a trust in my deceased aunt's name. Where can I look or who can I call?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.
If your aunt's estate was not probated in the county where she lived, and further, if the probate administration does not disclose the existence of a trust, then you will have to ask around to family members and everyone who knew the lady, including her banker, lawyer, minister etc.. The reason is that trusts are private and they are not registered publicly. In rare cases they may be docketed in the probate court of the county where the person lived. If there was a trust with you named as a beneficiary, an honest trustee would have sent you notice of one. I hope this answer is helpful.